Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blogposts from pebblepad: mistakes and more mistakes

All i can recall about today's time at the pharmacy are mistakes. From the first script i did, it was mistakes over and over again. Mistakes that i am ashamed of. I keep choosing the wrong product on the dispensing system because i am so unfamiliar with the products that are available. I also keep choosing the ones that have no repeats allowed and they come up as authority scripts. Thankfully i always ask the pharmacist when i'm not sure of anything, so that when the mistake is picked up, it won't be too troublesome to correct it then.

I also learnt about reaching the safety net today. We have to print out the form for the customer to sign and give them a card so that they can use it if they happen to visit another pharmacy.

Small labels are usually printed for things like cream or eye drops but i keep forgetting and stick them on the duplicate.

Well, who never makes mistakes? I'll just try and learn as much as possible from my mistakes and don't repeat them again.

I realise different pharmacies have different systems, different cultures and emphasize on slightly different things. For example, this pharmacy has a very good system that allows the pharmacists to communicate with the technicians and the pharmacy assistants, and vice versa. They put notes everywhere just to remind everyone about a customer's preference, the customer's requests, wants and needs. And i am very impressed by everyone's amazing communication skills. Well, more to learn for me!

The hosts of the place we're staying in are really nice people, they check on us everyday to see whether there is anything we need. I'm loving this place and certainly can't wait for the weekend ahead!


p/s: maria and i have been watching 就想赖着你, it was sooo goood man!!!!! we were shouting in joy, screaming with heartache, laughing out loud like nobody's business because of the show for a few days now. Time to go off to Melbourne for a little treat! :D

The hosts are really very very nice to us. They check on us everyday, make our beds, give us extra hangers when we decided not to ask cos we tot we might be asking too much already, wash and dry our clothes, he even forced (almost) us to use his towels! Well, i'm feeling very blessed with such amazing hosts and a wonderful placement buddy who packs my lunch with a sandwich, a banana, a muesli bar and a cookie (that's sponsored by our host) everyday! :) I didn't watch master chef today, cos 就想赖着你 was tooooooo exciting! Okies, time to sleep! Need to get up pretty early tomorrow! Cheers!

No comments: