I choose significance.
If there's anything good about spending hours after hours on surfing the internet lately, it would be that i am truly inspired and pumped up to live a life of significance!
So many big people doing big things, bringing big influences and changing the world for the better. I am contented with a simple life but i want to do something big too. I believe God has a purpose for my life and that includes bringing hope and love to those around me. I am not aspiring to be someone BIG or what, but i dream that my actions will have great impact on those in need, those who need God.
Pastor Lucas today said he wants to instill values into his children (and we are his children too!). Firstly, godly values, then good values and lastly global values. That surprised me! Global values? What's that? It's not just thinking about yourself but for others as well. Go out and do something for your world!
One of those people who have really inspired me lately is Jaeson Ma. You may remember me mentioning about him not too long ago. He started this '365 days of love' thing where he does a random act of kindness/love to someone wherever he is. Sometimes it's just giving up a seat on a bus, giving some change to a beggar, helping someone pull her luggage but other times it's going out to the streets and giving out sweets in a ninja suit, or hand-sanitising for free, or giving free peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to labourers queuing for jobs, or something like putting up a sign that says "Honk, i will dance" on a Friday evening to put a smile on people's faces!
How cool is that?
Hmm, maybe i should try it too. And commit myself to giving out some love everyday. Try is the keyword here by the way. :p
Well, a few things i must first tell myself:
1) Dream big because the fulfiller of dreams himself will surely be big enough for even my biggest dreams!
2) Be inspired and then act, don't just sit and dream.
3) Shy-ness shall not be an excuse anymore!
Let's go! I'll embark on my new project starting tomorrow! :)
A few other bits and pieces:
a) The world is certainly getting way way smaller with technology, it's shocking! I follow people on twitter like Vanness Wu and Joel Houston like i really know them!?
b) Thesis is making me go crazy! Feel so trapped!
c) Happy father's day again, daddy! and to my father in heaven! I ♥ you both!
d) If you're interested, check out www.jaesonma.com !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment