Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

thankfulness

I couldn't take it anymore, so i went to my usual secret place where there's wind and waves, mountains and hills, fresh air and blue skies, God and me.

I realise it has been long since i quiet down myself and spend quality time with my counsellor (aka Holy Spirit). That's probably why - the troubled heart, the heavy shoulders, the confused mind, purposeless days..

I realise also that thankfulness left me. I was grumbling about everything under the sun and nothing seemed to be right. Nothing was good enough for me. I read 2 articles today and both were about thankfulness. Talk about coincidence.

As i sat there with my eyes closed, wind blowing against my face and hair, sun shining on me, Jesus before me and everything else behind me, everything fell into place. Things began to position themselves where they should be. I walked away refreshed, with a clear mind, heart re-focused, perspectives aligned and a smile on my face.

I thank God that He is always always there and no matter how terrible i think i am, He still loves me.

I thank God for nature, cos when i look at the trees and the flowers and the clouds and the leaves, i know someone's looking after me.

I thank God for Che, who talked with me on the phone for 1 1/2 hours.

I thank God for Har, who always always seem to find the right words to say to me.

I thank God for yaya, who has stuck with me through thick and thin, and for the cookies that awaits me! :))

To quote Jaeson ma, life is a beautiful struggle.

Lord, help me choose to be thankful even when i don't feel like it.

No comments: